1. The iPod. This little piece of greatness has certainly made emergency room visits and waits a little more bearable. Thank goodness for Scooby Doo on itunes.
2. Fisher Price go anywhere dvd player. This is a rather new luxury, however I foresee it
iPod and accompanying us on many trips, good and bad.
3.Diatsat. Although it stinks to use the "butt medicine," it is certainly my copilot. It goes everywhere with me and surely is a comfort to me.
4. The new blue helmet. This recent addition to the Peter's family, is such a welcome of comfort. I makes sitting on the couch as Jake plays in the other room a tad more relaxing, as I don't have to run in the playroom every 5 seconds when I hear a noise.
5. My Palm Centro! Such a luxury to have a phone that emails, web searches and even makes calls. Unfortunately many of the calls have been the bearing of bad news, such as extended hospital stays, frantic calls for relatives to watch Addison so we can run to the er, and failed medicines.
6. The double stroller! The morning walks with Jake and Addison mean so much to me. To hear their banter, take on life, and amazement of the little things is truly inspirational.
7. Wine! I don't even think I need an explanation for Mommy's best friend.:-)
8. The Beach! The week spent here was such a calming, relaxing, much needed place of peace for our family.
Sure we would have made it through the year with out these luxuries, but they made it much easier.
The one thing I am certain we would have not made it through the year without, is loving caring, family, friends, and doctors. Without the support of the dear people who love us and care for us so much, I am not sure we would be where we are right now.
Thanks to everyone for everything you have done. Monetarily, and other. The kind words of support, the calls of encouragement, the PRAYERS and the meals. Thanks for the hospital visits and for sitting with me in the emergency rooms and in the hospitals. Thanks for not hanging up on me when I would call to ball my eyes out, or just flat out complain. Thanks for even answering the phone during the first couple months, as I know it terrified some to even see our number on the caller id. I knew it was getting bad when many of you would not even say hello. You simply waited for more "news.":-)
These are the things I could not have gone with out. The rest is just icing on the cake!
Happy new Year. Wishing you and yours blessing for the new year.
Here's to new beginnings. (Cheers)
“What if you gave someone a gift, and they neglected to thank you for it - would you be likely to give them another? Life is the same way. In order to attract more of the blessings that life has to offer, you must truly appreciate what you already have.”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
God Bless~ Christine